Your guide to “What’s acne?”
What is acne?
Acne is a universal skin condition that happens when our skin becomes exposed to dust particles, oil, or gets infused with dead skin cells.
Acne is a very common problem mostly with teenagers during their puberty but that doesn’t mean it stops just there! Acne is also a condition for adults where mostly it is hormonal but not so easy to dump.
What causes acne?
That’s not rocket science as acne is a familiar issue in all our lives and we all have faced it once or more in our lives.
These usual reasons are mainly what acne results of:
- When our skin produces excess oil it starts causing acne.
- Hair follicles or dead skin cells are one major reason! They get clogged in our skin and the impurities lead to
- Hormonal acne is never the one to stay longer! It comes and goes on the basis of the changes that our body goes through!
- Bacterial acne happens when our skin is exposed to dust or pollution and that curates acne as it disturbs our skin.
How to get rid of acne?
That’s a very frequently asked question to all the skin experts. The ideal answer would be that it depends on ‘what type of skin reacts to what type of treatment’.
1. Medical Procedure
There can be medical procedures such as lasers as well as antibiotics that are prescribed by the doctors to control your acne. But there are always pros and cons to this method.
Usually, when acne is uncontrollable, people tend to get finicky and start acting out, experimenting their skin to all types of treatments. One can always use their doctor’s advice to take medications that help finish the acne problem from within and refrain them from reoccurring.
3. Home Remedies
Out of all, nothing works wonders such as natural and home remedies. You can always test and use ingredients that are non-reactant to your skin and apply them to cure acne. Some of them are Ingredients like
Tea Tree Oil - Tea tree oil contains terpene, a typical oil that kills the bacteria on the skin hence protecting it.
Neem - Neem helps your skin in regulating the oil production in its pores and balancing it out.
Turmeric - Turmeric helps destroy the acne-causing bacteria and also removes the excess oil from the skin.
Honey & Cinnamon- The anti-inflammatory properties of Cinnamon & Honey helps balance the bacteria on your skin, which makes it a great product to use for acne.
You can always find many more remedies in your grandmother’s secret box!
4. Natural Beauty Products
Best known for battling black spots & pimples this face mask is great for retaining the natural shine & texture, keeping your skin healthy!
Made solemnly with all-natural and toxin-free ingredients this face wash clears out the impurities settled deep into your skin and helps in healing and calming acne-prone skin.
How to prevent acne?
Getting rid of acne for life long can involve a lot of efforts but with obvious ever-lasting results.
One should definitely include lifestyle changes as one of the major goals while planning to get rid of acne because your daily habits explain a lot about the health and hygiene of your body and skin.
- Probably the most useful lifestyle change one can make is to never pick or squeeze pimples because that worsens the case leaving scars that you might never be able to eliminate.
- One should start adapting to natural and clean beauty products that do not mix up with your skin’s oil and form
- Cleansing and exfoliating are one of the best ways to clear out the impurities from the skin on a daily basis leaving you with a healthy skin which is not likely to be prone to acne.
- One cannot stop oil glands from producing oil but it is possible to get rid of oil on the surface of the skin as many times as we can. This becomes a habit and sooner or later it becomes your way out to healthy skin.
As any skincare expert would suggest, our skin is the reflection of our health and lifestyle.
When it’s about our skin, what we eat and put on our skin affects it forever, so be cautious in your daily habits and you never know you might be leading yourself to a long-lasting healthy-looking skin.
Vanity Wagon is an exclusive online market and informative place for all your beauty needs and issues. Created with the aim of changing our audience’s perspective towards beauty and helping them know the importance of clean and sustainable beauty, we have come a long way and have been creating an impact over the country.
One-stop-shop for all your skin and hair care solutions, we believe in trying and testing our products before we offer it to our audience. With that, we firmly stand by the rules of going cruelty-free and eco-friendly.