What is Facial Cupping?
What is facial cupping?
“Facial cupping works by using suction to pull the facial muscles promoting circulation.” Michele Green, Dermatologist, M.D.
Facial cupping is a skincare technique or therapy, which involves the usage of cups on the skin of your face. These cups are used to pull your skin gently and rejuvenate it without leaving any marks. It is also said to improve the flow of your “qi”. Qi is a Chinese word meaning life force. It makes your face look plumper, smoother, and gives a slight lift to your cheekbones & jawline.
How does facial cupping work?
It works on the principle of suction & restoration. The suction effect pulls blood into the area of skin underneath the cup. This saturates the surrounding tissue with fresh blood and promotes new blood vessel formation, thereby giving you an instant lift plus activating the blood vessels in and around the face.
Where did facial cupping come from?
Facial cupping is known to be deeply ingrained in Traditional Chinese Medicine, however, researchers have found that it actually originated in ancient Egypt.
Facial Cupping Products at Vanity Wagon
The House Of Beauty Face Lifting Silicone Cup is a facial kit which comes with 1 facial oil & 4 cups, two for eyes and two for face. You can get yours on Vanity Wagon, as we are the one stop solution for all things clean!
How to do facial cupping at home?
- Depending on your skin type, cleanse your face with a face cleanser.
- Apply any face oil on your skin.
- Gently squeeze the cup from the middle and apply on your skin.
- The suction will stick the cup to your skin.
- Massage in circular, up and down motion, always from the center of your face towards the hairline.
- Use it for 10 minutes twice a week, and you will see visible and effective results in no time.
Benefits of facial cupping
- Increases collagen production, improves facial contours and elasticity.
- Reduces puffiness by eliminating waste fluid and giving an instant lift.
- Activates the lymphatic system.
- Exercise the facial muscles, boost blood flow to surface level, eliminate toxins, and reduce fine lines.
- Chisels your cheekbones.
A Word of Safety
Facial cupping can or cannot react to the breakouts after the initial procedure, depending on your skin type, but after a few hours the redness alleviates and eventually goes away.