Gua Sha Types And Techniques: Everything You Need To Know!
Gua Sha is a Chinese face tool and cherished for its supremely effective ways to achieve a healthy, firm, and glowing skin. Every beauty enthusiast is ecstatic with this handheld beauty and practicing this ancient technique to massage the face to sculpt and soothe facial muscles. Gua means to ‘scrape’ and Sha translates to ‘sand’, this tool is ideal to support your army of lotions and potions. It’s a practice that involves scraping off the skin using this curvy piece of stone to stimulate blood circulation, lymphatic drainage, and de-puffing. Think of it as a facial workout with a trail of skincare perks along with a sculpted and chiseled face.
Why is Gua Sha so popular?
This face tool is eminently known to benefit the skin in many ways than you can think. Besides sculpting the face, Gua Sha promotes blood flow, effectively helps in improving collagen production, curtails inflammation, drains out toxins, excess fluids, and leaves skin with a healthy glow. It is well-suited for all skin types, including acne-prone skin. So, don’t shy away from adding this masterpiece to your skincare regime.
What are the types of Gua Sha?
Trust the soothing jade to induce positivity and calmness while you de-puff your face with a Jade Gua Sha. It releases a cooling sensation on the skin.
Must-Try: Ras Luxury Oils Jade Gua Sha
This pretty pink coloured Gua Sha is everything you need to ease inflammation and soothe your skin. It is ideal for acne-prone skin.
Must-Try: House Of Beauty Rose Quartz Gua Sha
Never underestimate the beauty and capabilities of this non-crystal version. It effectively de-stresses the skin, fights the signs of aging, and boosts lymphatic drainage.
Must-Try: Purearth Kwansha Facial Beauty Coin
Open pores? Choose Amethyst Gua Sha to treat your skin. It is known to have therapeutic properties that help in calming the skin and tighten pores.
Must-Try: Myoho Pure By Priyanka Amethyst Gua-Sha
Detoxify your skin and ward off negative energies while giving yourself a relaxing facial massage with this black beauty.
Must-Try: Face Rituals Black Obsidian Pro Gua Sha
How to use a Gua Sha?
- Cleanse your face with a gentle cleanser, and always make sure that the Gua Sha is clean too before using it on your face. You can refrigerate the tool to enjoy the cooling effects.
- Apply a face oil or serum suiting your skin type to allow smooth movements.
- Glide the flat side of the tool on the neck in an upward motion.
- Use the curved side to swipe it across the jawline and cheeks in an upward motion.
- Gently slither the flat side of the Gua Sha on your forehead, starting from above your eyebrows towards the hairline.
- Move to the under-eye region and place the notched side of the stone right below the eye(facing upward), close to the top of your nose and stroke it upwards.
Quick Tip - Please don't sweep the Gua sha too hard on your face. Gentle pressure will give you better results.