Roses are a cliché favourite but loved for all the right reasons. From the pleasant fragrance to the applicable benefits, the pretty flower is all you need to make various skincare products. Roses are used in face masks, lip and body scrubs, face mists, facial oils, serums and what not. But why spend on the bottled refreshers when you can make some yourself.
To help you make the doable rose water and spray, for all the goodness, we have sorted a quick and simple recipe for you.
What you’ll need: ½ cup fresh rose petals or ¼ cup dried rose petals, a stove or induction plate, a pan and lid.
Process: Pour 1 ½ cups of water into the pan. Add fresh or dried rose petals, cover the lid and bring water to boil. After a boil, simmer the heat and let it be until the petals lose colour and turn white. Once colourless, turn the heat off and let the water cool down for a bit. Strain and pour the water in a spray water bottle and use it as a body or face mist.
Things to keep in mind:
- Store the rose water in a dark coloured bottle.
- Do not use the water any later than 3 days from preparation.
- Make sure that the chosen rose petals were grown organically sans any pesticides to extract maximum benefits.
- Wash the petals thoroughly before processing them.
- Add 2 drops of an essential oil to the distilled rose water (rose, patchouli, cedarwood, Ylang Ylang, lavender, grapefruit oil) and turn it into a body mist.