In the modern age like today, women are more aware than ever. We all know that feminine/intimate hygiene is a mandatory thing but there is a large chunk of women out there who are still confused about HOW TO.
A woman’s intimate area has a self-cleaning system, but there are hygiene practices that one must consider to avoid infections and problems. Here are a few things that you should get habitual to for good.
- Ensure proper cleansing: The internal female genital has a self-cleaning system, and so, you do not need to get harsh on it. Just use water and a mild cleanser for the outer lining. Some formulas are specially formulated for feminine hygiene to make sure that you do not disturb the pH balance and dry it out. Pick a cleanser without odor, parabens, or any other chemicals. It is very important to pick the right product as the feminine intimate region is extremely delicate. We suggest Carmesi’s Intimate Cleanser.
- Wear Comfortable Clothing: Make sure that your briefs are soft and comfortable so that the area and the skin around does not get irritated. Redness, rashes, and sweat can lead to infections that may need medical attention. So, wear 100% cotton briefs only.
- Sanitize the toilet seat each time: Women are more prone to catching UTIs and other genital infections. Carry a toilet-seat sanitizing spray with you when you may have to use a toilet outside your house. You can also buy toilet-seat cover sheets for extra safety if you need it.
- Take extra care during periods: That time of the month is already tough but you should make sure that you get extra hygienic for your good. Cleanse your genitals with a chemical-free cleanser as and when needed to make sure you are odor-free and feeling fresh all the time.
- Say NO to sponges and loofah: Do not use a hand scrubber, sponge or loofah to cleanse the intimate area as they can be harsh on it. These bath tools may inflame the genitals and cause a pH level imbalance.
- Choose CHEMICAL-FREE period essentials only: The usual drugstore period wear is made of plastic and contains chemicals that can cause harm to your intimate region. So be very mindful before picking your sanitary pads/tampons/menstrual cups. Also, make sure that you change your sanitary pads every 4 hours. We recommend Carmesi’s organic and biodegradable sanitary napkins.
- Use liners when needed: Liners are a great tool to maintain and ensure intimate hygiene. Use them as and when needed to avoid moistness due to vaginal discharge, unexpected spotting, and urine leakage. We suggest you try 100% bio-degradable panty liners by Carmesi.
Ladies, the intimate area requires special care sans chemicals, so make sure you treat it right and keep it healthy!