With the summer at its peak and monsoon at the edge of the entrance, we sure are looking forward to some relief from the heat but monsoon brings with it a hell lot of skin and hair concerns that are tough to combat.
Do your skin and hair feel more damp, sticky and oilier during monsoon? We feel you and so, we bring you 6 skin and hair care tips that will help you fight the excessive moisture in the monsoon and stay fresh all day long.
1. Keep away from the dampness. Excessive moisture and damp scalp or skin magnetises bacteria and microbes to house on the surface which in turn leads to infections and acne. Stay clear of the situation by cleansing your skin at least 3 times a day with a gentle face wash.
2. Exfoliate more often but not more than thrice a week. Exfoliating the skin is the secret to getting rid of dead skin cells on the surface. Not just this, exfoliation also helps in unclogging the pores and removing the impurities, oil, and grime that plugs in and causes various skin and hair problems.
3. Wash your hair every second day or every day if need be. Pick a gentle and natural hair cleanser and make sure your scalp is clean all the time. Excessive moisture can lead to hair fall, product build-up, clogged hair follicles and more. So, shampoo and condition more often for a pleasant and enjoyable monsoon.
4. Do not let the grime and oil latch on your skin by indulging in DIY skin and hair care masks. Some of the ingredients that may help you get through the sticky season without any problem are chickpea flour, lemon juice, glycerin, apple cider vinegar, baking soda, honey, and earthen clays.
5. Make toner a part of your regime without fail. Toners are of great help especially in the monsoon season as they remove any leftover dirt or grime from the face and restores the pH level of the skin leaving it soft and hydrated. It is also important because you may be using a light moisturiser or a lesser amount of your face cream to avoid any more stickiness, so do not miss to tone your skin.
Also Read – Best Face Creams for Dry Skin
6. Avoid wearing makeup and styling your hair with heavy products. Allow your skin to breathe and wear SPF every single day to avoid any damage from the UV rays. Also, reduce the use of hair styling products to prevent any hair damage.